Sunday, December 20, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...



A lot of time has passed since my last entry, so let me give you a quick rundown of what has been going on in our lives.  Towards the end of November, we traveled back to Indy and had a great time staying with our friends Brian and Raendra.  On that Saturday, Brian and I headed up to South Bend to see Notre Dame play UConn.  The Irish ended up losing, but it was a very entertaining game and was the first time either of us had been to a football game there.  While we were at the game, Raendra had a very successful baby shower for Martha.  Quite impressive for only a couple of weeks notice.  Thank God for good friends!  It's hard to believe it has been over a year since we moved to Illinois.

Also, over the past couple of weeks I have been broadening my resume.  I have tried my hand at becoming a handyman while replacing our well pressure tank and installing a water softener.  I really felt like I channeled by inner Bob Vila (which is code for turning a 1 hour job into 8 hours or so).  My good friend, and Illinois State Trooper, Jeff let me try my hand at police work when I spent a Saturday riding along with him on patrol.  I learned a lot of things I think I can use to avoid speeding tickets or domestic disturbances at trailer parks.  Likewise, I was able to show Jeff than you can, in fact, measure the speed of a flying bird with his LIDAR.  You're welcome, my friend.

We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of Quinn over the coming weeks and that inevitable life change.  We hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

  1. Tell Quinn to hurry up, we want to meet him

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for the earlier post (that was me under my work account!) :-)

    Martha looked so cute in church on Sunday! We are so excited to meet Quinn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Justin, I had such a good time when we visited South Bend that Raendra and I went back up there this weekend. Jared got married. Thanks for sharing your tickets to the game. We had a great time with you and Martha while you were here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Martha,
    I am now stalking you through your blog. I am waiting for the day you guys post your first baby blog. I am so excited for you! I am sure your anticipation is driving you crazy to meet your little man. Not too much longer to go...but I know what the wait is like. Even those last days can seem like forever. :)

    ReplyDelete