Sunday, October 25, 2009

What's in a name?

This year seems to be flying by and preparation for Baby Tammany is in full swing. We have barely started a baby registry, and I must admit that I'm a little overwhelmed with the choice of baby items. Neither of us have much of a clue on what items are necessities and what we can do without. Please feel free to offer advice on your "must-have" baby supplies.
Along with registering, we have been trying to decide on a name for our son. Tonight, I entered our first names into a baby name generator and it told us our perfect baby name was Tavares. We have decided to shun the name generator and choose a name that we have liked for awhile. I really wanted a somewhat uncommon name, and possible something Irish, since I have bit of an Irish heritage. With that in mind, we have decided on Quinn, which means: counsel, wise, intelligent, or 5th. All of you other expectant parents can enter your names in the generator and see if you get something better than Tavares.

Find More Baby Names

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure there are others out there that will have more baby advice for you since they have more children = more experience, but...I'll give this some thought as I KNOW we had some items that I feel we couldn't live without. :-) Enjoy the pregnancy - it really does pass quickly!

    ReplyDelete